Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Groceries & Food

I'm an incredibly first-born person. I like everything organized, alphabetized, and preferably, in chronological order. This quirk (some might call it an obsession) even extends to my grocery shopping habits. Generally, before I go to the grocery store, I make a list of everything I need. My list is divided up the same way as the aisles in the grocery store. This makes some people laugh, I call it good planning!

Well, since I got pregnant, grocery shopping is a little different. I make a list, but by the time I get to the store, nothing on the list appeals to me. So, I wander aimlessly through the aisles, looking for the perfect kind of creamy, kind of crunchy, salty, but sweet, filling but light food. Yeah, good luck.

I used to pride myself in being able to do a grocery shopping trip in 20 minutes, now it's more like 20 minutes per item. And, even after I find the elusive item, I usually change my mind by the time I find the next one.

At my doctor's appointment, he asked about morning sickness. I told him I was feeling kind of nauseous, he asked if it was so bad that I was losing weight, and I laughed at him. I'm eating us out of house and home. I have a brand new appreciation for the hobbit's second breakfast. In the last week, I've gone through 12 liters of milk (Thank goodness I switched from 2% to 1%) and an entire family-size box of cheerios!

I never thought I could be a vegetarian, but the idea of chicken is pretty revolting, and although I'm loving tacos, the smell of the ground beef cooking almost makes me toss my cookies....mmmm....cookies...gotta run!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes it fun and interesting! :)