Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2007

It's Official

I went to the doctor on Friday, and it's official, we're pregnant!!
He gave me a due date of April 16.

After my appointment I was pretty giddy. I went first thing in the morning, so I had to go into work after, and I was sure that people would be able to tell just because of how happy I was. But, eventually I settled down and managed to get some work done.

I'm sooo grateful that I have a doctor that I really like and trust. He's great at making me feel like he's taking my concerns seriously, but not letting me freak out and over react about things. I go back and see him again on the 28th.

It's so weird knowing that I'm pregnant and feeling like it's incredibly obvious, but yet no one else knows. In fact Friday at work the girls were all chatting about who the next one to get pregnant would be. I just laughed to myself. For about the last year at work, it seems like every one's getting pregnant. My boss was even joking that we should check the water.

It's been really fun talking to my husband about how to tell everyone. It's weird because this child is the first great-grandchild for all of my grandparents, which is kind of neat, because I was their first grand child.

Physically, I've been feeling absolutely exhausted and quite nauseous, but I try to stay positive about it, because it means that the hormone levels are surging and the baby must be growing.

My husband, Steffan, has been absolutely fantastic. I just feel bad, because so often he asks what he can do to help, and I don't even know what would help. I send him to the grocery store with a list, and by the time he gets home, that's not even what I want anymore. But, he keeps trying, and is incredibly patient with me. I'm very lucky to have him.

On Friday night, I found a website called BabyCenter with message boards. The message boards are divided up by due date, so you go on and chat with other people due the same month as you. It was really comforting to read it and know that some of the crazy things I'm thinking are really quite common. It's also nice to talk to people who are due around the same time, because we're all kind of in the same boat right now. You can also sign up for a weekly email from the site, that tells you what's new for your baby this week. Turns out A.I. is moving around already, I think that's pretty cool!

One of the hardest things to give up has been hot bubble baths. Not that I took that many of them before, but I always knew I could. Now, I'm achy and miserable, and knowing I can't is frustrating. But, I can hardly complain if that's what's going to deliver A.I. to us safe and sound in April, it's more than worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karm! Welcome to motherhood! I am so happy for you both. Also since you say you are into forums I invite you to one I go to...the ladies are wonderful group of moms and it is a small board so it feels like "family".

www.babydreamz.net

Hope you will join us and I am so looking forward to your Ph journey. You will be such a wonderful mother :)

Love and hugz
Lessly