Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

So, My Blog

So, when I first found out I was pregnant (that story will come), I thought it would be really cool to start a journal, to keep a record of my thoughts and feelings (emotional & physical) as I go through this crazy journey. I thought about a few different ways to do it. A journal just for me, letters to the unborn baby, letters to my husband. But, in the end, I decided on a blog. The reason I decided to do a blog is that I think, seeing the date, up on the internet where everyone can see it, along with my perfectionistic nature, will force me to post more. Otherwise, I'm afraid it would be a case of great intentions but...not a heck of a lot of follow through.

I put off testing to see if I was pregnant for a couple of weeks even after I was pretty sure. I just didn't want to be disappointed. So, on Thursday, August 23, I FINALLY tested. Even though I was so sure in my head, I was still completely shocked, I'm not sure why. Anyway, it was positive, then, on Saturday, August 25th, my husband and I left for a 2-week road trip to California. Yes, that's right, my husband is crazy enough to take an emotional, hormonal, morning-sickness-afflicted wife on a two week road/camping trip!

The neat thing about leaving on holidays so soon, was that it gave my husband and me a chance to just be excited, get used to the idea, and talk about who to tell when.

So, now, we're back in town, back at work, and back to our "real lives". I go to the doctor tomorrow to get the official confirmation. I'm really looking forward to that, because in my head, it still doesn't seem real. Why it doesn't seem real, I'm not sure. I'm nauseous, cranky, moody etc. but, it just doesn't seem real.

It's been hard to keep this a secret from my family, luckily, I haven't seen them since I found out. I'm really excited about telling my parents, because I think they've resigned themselves to the fact that we're not going to have kids, and I know they're a little disappointed about that. It's going to be fun to tell them and totally surprise them!

It's been harder for my husband, we've seen his dad several times, and I know he really wants to tell him! But, it has been fun thinking up the HOW to tell them.

Every time I start to worry (and believe me, I do that A LOT) I just remember that this baby is going to be SUPER-LOVED!! This baby has two parents who can't wait to meet him/her, grandparents, who are going to be giddy, and aunts and uncles who may try to kidnap him/her for themselves.

Well, this "him/her" thing has to stop...so, we'll call the baby A.I. That's short for Alien Invader, because most of the time, that's how my body feels, like it's been invaded by aliens! But, I'm so excited and so happy, this is what I've wanted for a long time, it's hard to believe, I'm pregnant!!!

No comments: