Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Especially for the Ever-Excited Aunt-To-Be

My sister hounded me today, because there was nothing new up here, so here's another random post, just for her.

I have my first appointment with my O.B. on the 30th, it was supposed to be the 24th, but they moved it. I'm quite eager to go to this appointment for a few reasons, I'm hoping they can narrow down my due date for one thing, but more importantly, after this appointment, I can schedule THE ultrasound. What makes this ultrasound THE ultrasound? I'm so glad you asked. This would be the ultrasound where, if the baby were to cooperate, we could find out the gender.

This has brought great debate to our home. Originally, I did not want to find out the gender, I wanted to be surprised. My husband convinced me that it's a surprise no matter when we find out, so why not find out sooner, and keep it a secret. I agreed. Now, he's rethinking it. His theory is if we're painting the nursery green anyway, does it really matter if we find out ahead of time, but now I'm really curious. So, we have 2 more weeks to decide...

I've been trying to take the train to work for the last couple of weeks. It's about a 10 minute walk from the train to my office and then back again after work, I figure any exercise is better than nothing. Every day for the last two weeks, I've managed to take the bus, so that's good. Also, for the last two nights we've gone for a walk in the evening.

I'm eating everything in sight all the time. Everything looks, tastes, and smells good. Except for cheese, the smell of cheese is revolting, but it tastes good, especially with apples (Yes mom, I'm actually eating apples!) Meat is finally tasting good again. That's nice, because for about the last two months I've been forcing myself to eat meat to get protein, but now, it's tasting great.

I had my weekly blood work yesterday to make sure that I'm still symptom-free as far as the kidney issue goes, and everything looked good.

We've started looking for people here at work. We've got ads in both the major papers (Yes, RK, I'm calling the city tabloid a major paper) this weekend, and two interviews set up for Monday. Hopefully we find one or two qualified people quickly. It would make my boss relax. He's out of the country all of December, so he'd really like to have a solution to our baby epidemic, as it's being referred to, before he leaves.

When my sister asked why I hadn't post anything, I said it was because I had nothing to say, and look at how much I've managed to ramble! Once I finally have something to say just imagine how long the posts will be!


(And RK, now bug the father-to-be, he hasn't posted in even longer than me!!!)

No comments: