Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pregnancy as a Weight Loss Method!?!?!

Today, I had my first appointment with my obstetrician. I was quite leery. Since she's a high-risk OB, I thought she'd see me as an "easy" patient and not really spend much time with me but, she was fantastic. She answered all of my questions and then some. Recently, I've been considering having the baby at the High River hospital, as long as the kidney disease and my blood pressure stay under control. She's not at all opposed to that idea, she just wants to wait until I'm further along so that we can make a good decision. I'm really happy that I like my OB, not only was she great, but her assistants were really helpful too.

Of course, at the appointment, they weighed me, and I'm down 1/2 a pound from my normal weight. I'm not really sure where I've lost the weight, because I've certainly got a baby belly!! She said not to worry about the fact that I haven't gained anything yet, as she's sure it'll catch up to me as I get further along. As for my kidney issues, I'm still symptom-free and I'll be completely off the medication this Friday! We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat, that was pretty cool!

I'm scheduled for an ultrasound on Nov 6, so we'll upload new pictures then. Right now, we're really leaning toward not finding out the gender at the ultrasound, but as I told Stef, I'm a pregnant woman, I reserve the right to change my mind at any time without notice.

At work, we hired someone to help us cover the two upcoming maternity leaves, he starts Thursday, and I feel really good about the decision, plus, it's made my boss breathe a little easier.

Other than that, not much has changed, I'm still eating us out of house and home. I'm still feeling really good, I've been staying up later than Stef most nights, which if you know us, you know is unusual but, it's good to have energy. I'm still managing to take the train to work everyday, which is a good thing, because it means I'm walking every day.

Now I have to go eat, it's been 15 minutes!!

No comments: