Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

WARNING: Sappy Post Ahead!!!!



This Thanksgiving, it's pretty easy to be thankful! I'm a pretty lucky girl. I have a roof over my head, in a city where a roof is very expensive. I have a car that starts every morning, as long as I can find my keys. I have a steady, reliable job that I honestly love.

I have a husband who loves me unconditionally, even when this week I've been a self-admitted hormonal-mess. He always takes care of me and makes sure I'm comfy. The picture above, is the very first picture of our family of three, even though we didn't know it at the time. I know that Steffan will be an excellent father, and I can't wait to watch him with our child. It's something I've looked forward to for years, and I only have to wait a few more months.

I'm also incredibly grateful for our little Alien Invader. We have wanted a baby for so long, but we were waiting for the right time, and now, the time is right, and we have this huge blessing. I love this baby so much already, and I'm really looking forward to watching our little family of three find it's way in the next year. Oh, I know things won't be perfect, and there will be plenty of bumps and tears along the way. But I also know that God has given this gift, He already loves this baby more than I can even imagine, and He has entrusted him/her to us, if He has that much faith in us, who are we to doubt?

I'm also very grateful that we are surrounded by so much loving family. We're not the only ones who are already in love with the Alien. There are grandparents and aunts and uncles (by blood and friendship) that can't wait to welcome our little spawn into the world. With that much love and support, our baby's already more blessed than most.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Stef will do so well as parents :) Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Love from the 4 of us
The Mcfadden Clan :)