Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Update

I had an OB appointment again yesterday.

The good news is that my blood pressure, although still borderline high, was lower than last month.

Pregnancy is no longer working as a weight loss method, I've caught up to where I should be, so I guess that's a good thing.

They are doing some extra tests because there's a little concern about my kidneys, but I meet with my nephrologist again on Dec 20, and then see the OB again Dec 28, so hopefully, if my kidneys are acting up again, we can catch it early.

Originally, I really wanted to have the baby in High River, but now, we're planning to have the baby in Calgary. My OB talked to another OB in her practice that also works in High River, and the High River OB is really reluctant to send me to High River. At the end of the day I just want what's best for me and the baby, and if that's Calgary, then that's what we'll do.

Other than that, not much has changed. I'm eating like crazy, my pants don't fit (which means I get to go shopping this weekend!). The energy that came back is starting to disappear again, but I'm still feeling good.

The most exciting thing this week has to do with reading. I'm a bit of a commitment-holic. If I start a book or a series, I feel compelled to finish it, to see it through to the end, no matter how terrible. I can only think of one series that I've started and not finished, other than that, I ALWAYS finish. I started a new series "A Song of Ice and Fire" about a year and a half ago. The first book was amazing, the second book was alright, after the first 300 painful pages. The third book was mediocore. This week, I finished the fourth book. It took me almost a year to get through, because it was that bad. But, now it's done, until he comes out with book 5, it was supposed to be out in the summer, however, as of the last update on his website, he's not even done writing it yet. Thank goodness, that means I can actually read something I enjoy!! Any suggestions?

Sorry this is so boring, but really, there's nothing going on...and I figured I should at least post something, unlike some people!! (Love you honey!!)