Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

We're Halfway There...Living on a Prayer

We had our 20 week ultrasound today. It's hard to believe the pregnancy is half over. Just like the first time, the baby moved all over the place while the tech. was trying to do her measurements, and then settled down as soon as daddy came in the room. The baby looks healthy, we saw 10 fingers, 10 toes and a good, strong heart beat. We didn't find out the gender, because it doesn't matter. We're just so excited that we're having a baby!!!

As we were driving away from the lab, I was gushing about how neat it is to see the baby, etc., etc. Steffan, however was really distracted. What could possibly be more exciting than seeing our first child? Well, the new Subaru Imprezza of course! How can an amazingly perfect, tiny little baby (now, with taste buds!) compare with that amazing combination of artistry & engineering?

Living on a Prayer...I found out last night that my great-uncle died. My great aunt and uncle were the only family in town when we lived in Saskatoon, and since they had no children of their own, we became surrogate grand children to them. They have always made such an effort to stay involved in our lives, and so, his passing is a sad one.

It's amazing to me the impact this unborn child is already having on my life. This morning, I was quite sad, but just looking at this amazing baby, even on a computer screen, has totally cheered me up.

2 comments:

GoblinDad said...

Well? where are the U/S pictures? we wanna see the baby too!

Mama said...

I'll try to post one tonight...pushy, pushy. You could always stop by for a visit, then you'd get to see all the pictures!!