Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dear Caitlyn

Caitlyn,

You are becoming such a neat person. It's such a privilege to watch you grow and change and discover the world around you. You hate to sit still, there's just too much to see & do. You can't crawl yet, but it doesn't stop you from trying. When we lay you on your belly you move your little legs and try so hard to get where you want to go.

We've started feeding you solid foods now, and you're eating like a pro. We started you on rice cereal, but you've already had green beans, banana, chicken noodle casserole, and mashed potatoes. You really would like to use the spoon yourself, but for now, you have to let me help you, even with my help, we get green beans up the nose and chicken casserole in between your toes!!


You've started trying to brush your teeth and it's adorable!

We took you swimming for the first time on Sept 1. We took you to the wave pool and you did great!! The first time you got splashed, you were a little scared, but after that you were having a great time playing in the water. You're going to start swimming lessons Monday night.

Right now, your daddy's staying home with you while I'm at work. You two have a lot of fun together. Your favorite part of the day is when daddy takes you out for a walk in the Snuggli.


When I get home and you see me for the first time, you usually give me a big giggle, and it totally makes my day.

One of your favorite things to stare at is the fish tank, you love to watch the plants move in the water. You've just started to realize that the cat exists, and you like to pet her soft fur.

You already like books, which makes me very happy.


You LOVE your exersaucer and your jolly jumper, anything that will let you move around.



You're a very precious little girl, and your daddy and I love you so much. When I think about how different our lives are now compared to a year ago, it's like comparing night and day. I still love my job, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All that matters is coming home to my amazing family and seeing your beautiful smile!

You're growing up so fast. It's hard to believer that just six months ago, you were this little:
...and now, you look like this!
You're such a precious little girl, and we're really enjoying getting to know you. Thank you for making us a family!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sister, what a beautiful blog. You are back on the ball with gusto! I think this will end up being a precious keepsake for your little girl, and you don't even need to be crafty to do it! Well done, and I look forward to more!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to Rachel's comment!