Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Great Weekend

It's been a great weekend so far at our house. For now, I'm still not working Fridays, so we took advantage of the day off to have a date day. We dropped Caitlyn off with her grandparents and went for lunch at a fabulous East Indian Restaurant. They have a lunch buffet which was great, we got to try all kinds of new things. We've decided to aim for trying a new restaurant with a new style of cooking once a month.

After lunch, we went to play some pool. We used to play a lot of pool, but obviously we haven't played much in the last year and a half. It was really nice to get out and have some fun. Steffan said it best when we got home. He said "I love Caitlyn, and I love spending time with her, but that was refreshing". That's exactly how I felt.

When we went to pick up Caitlyn we realized we still had the stroller in the car, so Caitlyn and I walked home through the beautiful fall leaves. It was great!

Yesterday, Steffan went to help my LITTLE brother with the nursery for his coming bundle of joy. It was the first time I've been home with Caitlyn on my own for any real length of time since I went back to work in August. It made me realize that I love my little girl, but I'm very glad to be back at work. I'm definitely not cut out to be a full time stay at home mom. Luckily, I married a great man, who loves staying home and taking care of our precious bundle of joy.


After Steffan got home, I tried out a new dinner recipe, and it turned out fantastic.

It's been a really great weekend at our house, hopefully yours is going well too!

No comments: