Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Eight Months Old

Caitlyn’s eight month birthday was Sunday. Wow, time flies when you’re sleep deprived! Our little princess is turning into such a neat person. Coming home to her sweet smile just makes all the problems of the day so small and insignificant. It’s fun to watch her play and explore things. She’s so curious. She loves to slide her toys across the floor, chase after them and then start all over again. She’s usually quite content to sit in her high chair and watch us make dinner or clean up the kitchen. We’re hoping that she’s making mental notes so that she can make dinner soon!

She’s still such a good eater. It seems like in the last two weeks her appetite has doubled. She’ll eat anything we put in front of her, except sweet potatoes. The first bite of everything gets a funny look, but after that, you better be ready because her little mouth will be open waiting for more before you can fill the spoon. When she was born, her legs were so small and scrawny, and now, she has the cutest chubby thighs I’ve ever seen! Here's her weight chart updated:


She loves sound effects and funny noises. She knows now what noises are “normal” and which ones are funny, and if you make funny noises for her, she’ll grab your face and giggle.

Caitlyn, my baby, I love you more than I ever knew I could love someone. It is such a privilege to watch you learn and grow. Happy 8 month birthday, princess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've become a marvelous writer! Who knew I passed the word gene on so well?? I'm sure glad we're not further away - even when we see our little one every week it sounds like we're missing things. Continue to make time for this - you'll not regret it!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your Blog. Keeps me in closer touch with you and your precious family.

I wish you, Stef and Caitlyn all the very best and may Christmas joy be yours.

Your tree looks great!!