Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Mommy Guilt

Yesterday I went into work for a few hours to discuss my return.  We discussed it and decided I'd leave Alex at home as a bit of a trial run.  I've only ever left her for 1/2 an hour or so while I run out to get milk, so I was a little nervous. 

As I was leaving:
Caitlyn: Mama, where are you going?
Me: To work for a little bit.
Caitlyn: Please, I come?
Me: No, sweetheart, I'm sorry, you need to stay here and help Papa take care of Alex.
Caitlyn: But, I will miss you.
Me: I know, but you'll be okay, and you'll have fun with Papa
Caitlyn: But, I will be sad.
Me: I'll be home soon
Caitlyn:  But, I will cry!

After I finally left the drama queen, I had a good meeting at work.  But, things at home didn't go so smoothly.  Alex decided she did not like the fact that I left, refused to take a bottle and yelled for 3 hours in protest.  So, it appears we all have a little work to do in the next 6 weeks before I go back to work!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm back at work next Monday so I totally feel your pain, plus my kids will be at the dayhome 3 days a week :( Wish they could stay home with Daddy full-time. Oh well, all the best for you guys

NJordan30 said...

Oh no - I feel for you. I don't want to think about going back to work and figuring out childcare, etc.

We definately have to get together before you go back ...

email me at nickycj@hotmail.com or facebook Nicky McKinnon.

Mama said...

Good luck with your return to work! The boys will probably adjust faster than you will!!