Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year - for Alex

My little chunky monkey.  I haven't written much about you, but I guess it's because you are an easy baby.  You sleep well, you eat well, and you grin like crazy.  We thought you were going to start sleeping through the night, but you were just teasing us.  You're still up once a night, but it's only once, so that's okay.  In the mornings, after Caitlyn wakes up, I usually bring you into my bed and we snuggle and doze for another hour.  It's my favorite part of the day.  You're eating like a champ, and you have the chubbiest thighs to prove it.  

You have a beautiful smile, and you love to show it off.  You're always smiling when I get you from a nap or get you out of the dreaded car seat.  

Every once in a while, you get yourself a little too excited, and then we wrap you up tight and you smile up at us, like you're saying, "Oh, thank you for putting me back together!".

I love you, my zen baby.  I'm super curious to see your personality come through more and more. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your words have captured her perfectly! What a wonderful photo!
Maybe you should change her nickname to Zena? Just a thought -doesn't seem to fit and then it wouldn't be as much fun for Emma to sayso stick with Awix!

I'll sign this time:
Mom