Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year - for Caitlyn

What a difference a year makes...

 

Caity, my Caity....what a year we've had.  You were two for most of the year, and let's just say, my spirited child, that you are very good at being two.  You definitely have your own ideas about the world, and you don't understand why it doesn't always work out the way you think it should.

You are an amazing little girl.  Everyday you say or do something that makes your daddy and I look at each other and say, "Where did she learn that?".

You and I have so much fun together, especially baking.  The other day we made carrot muffins again, after not making them for a month or so, and as I was about to add the raisins, you said to me, "Don't we need to give them a bath?".  I have to admit, I use your memory to my advantage.  When we go to the store, if I've forgotten to add something to the list, I tell you, and you remember it for me!

It's been fun watching you become a big sister.  You're fiercely protective and proud of Alex.  She's very lucky to have you.

I love you, my princess!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific writing!! How treasured this will be, by all of you, in the future!
Beautiful photos too.

Anonymous said...

That earlier compliment and encouragement to keep it up was from your mom :)