Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Caitlyn - 4 Years Old!

Well, my girl, you are 4 years old, and all grown up!

You’re going to pre-school, and loving it.  You can often be heard trying to convince Alex that you are the teacher and she has to listen to you.

You’ve been in swimming lessons the last couple of weeks, and it’s made me so proud to sit in the balcony and watch you become more confident every lesson. 

In the last year, you have become a master negotiator.  The phrase “Mama, here’s the deal” can often be heard.  But, you’re usually pretty fair.  The other day, when we were cleaning I asked you to clean the playroom while I cleaned the kitchen.  You went away and thought about it for awhile and then came back with “Mama, here’s the deal.  How about if I help you clean the kitchen, and then you can help me clean my playroom?”  I thought it was great problem solving!

You are an amazing big sister.  You love to help take care of your sister, and when you’re not accidentally hurting her, you’re her fiercest protector.  The other day, when I hung up some pictures of you two, you came to me very seriously and said:  “Mama, thank you for hanging the pictures of Alex.  They help me to love her.”  Watching the relationship between you grow makes me and your dad so proud.  It’s amazing to think that you two could be each other’s longest relationship; it’s a privilege to watch the beginning.

The last few weeks, you’ve been quietly coming into our room in the morning, crawling beside me and saying “Mama, I just want to snuggle you while we wake up.”  Even though you’re the most restless snuggler I’ve ever seen, it’s a fantastic way to start the day.

Caitlyn-bear, I love you.  I love your spunk, I love your 4th generation “first-born-ness”, I love watching you explore and participate in the world around you. 
Happy birthday!


No comments: