Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

One Week Ago


The beautiful Caitlyn Alyzabeth was born a week ago today.

I was induced early because my kidneys were acting up. They started the induction at 12:30pm on Saturday, and our little princess was born at 3:59 Sunday morning. I was released from the hospital at 9:00 Sunday night. Since she was so tiny (4 lbs 13 oz at birth) she had to stay in the NICU until Thursday afternoon. Leaving her in the NICU those four nights was hard, ut it let me get some sleep which I really think has helped me to recover faster. The nurses in the NICU were absolutely amazing, they took such good care of our little girl.

It's amazing to think that she's a week old already. It doesn't even really feel like she's ours.

Tomorrow's our first doctor's appointment, hopefully she's back up over her birth weight.

Since she's a preemie, I have to wake her every 2 1/2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night to feed her. Mommy & daddy are both starting to feel a little sleep deprived.

I feel like there's so much to say, but I don't even know where to start...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Karm! Congrats again to you and Stef and Welocme to parenthood :)