Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

7 Months Old!!


The princess turned 7 months old last Thursday. In some ways it’s hard to imagine our lives before her, it feels like she’s always been a part of our family. I’m loving this age. It’s so much fun! It’s so neat to watch her play with things and try to figure them out. She’s so curious about everything. We were shopping on Saturday, and Steffan picked up a package of light bulbs. Caitlyn grabbed for them and they almost dropped to the floor! We really have to start being more careful about what’s in her ever-expanding reach. Even though she’s not talking yet, she’s got her own way of telling us what she’s after. If I’m holding her and she wants her dad, she’ll lunge her whole body in his direction, it’s adorable. She’s VERY rambunctious. She’s constantly on the move. Her dad & I keep saying that as soon as she can crawl, we’re in big trouble!

She’s sitting really well on her own now, she rarely tips over. When she does tip over she grunts and struggles and tries to get back up. She stands really well now, as long as we hold her hands. Sometimes she even walks. She’s getting one foot in front of the other. It’s so cute to watch her focus.

She loves trying to feed herself, and the look of intense concentration as she tries to get the cracker into her mouth makes me and her dad laugh.

Steffan has adjusted really well to being a stay at home dad. He told me last night, “I feel like this is what I was meant to do”. I’m so grateful that my little girl has such a fantastic father who loves her so much and has the patience and the personality to take care of her all day so that I can go to work knowing that she’s in the best possible hands having a great time with her favourite person in the world!

No comments: