Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

131 Days to Go...(But Who's Counting??)

So, we survived the weekend, drove to Saskatoon and back, helped demolish a kitchen and had people over for the Western semi-final (Go Riders Go!!!). So, it's no wonder that yesterday I locked the doors and mostly stayed in my jammies! I still managed to get the laundry done and practice piano. Whew, I need another long weekend just to recover!!

I'm feeling the baby move more and more, it's really neat, Steffan was even able to feel the baby on Saturday morning.

We need to sign up for childbirth classes this week. I'm a bit of a control freak, and going into this, I feel like I need all the info. I can get, I think the classes will be good for me, but I'm a little worried that they'll scare Steffan!!

I'm still feeling pretty good, but it's almost impossible to find a comfortable position to sleep in. It doesn't help that the cat sees all the extra pillows I have propped around me as her personal bed!

Now that the nursery-to-be is completely empty, we've started making plans for the great transformation, at first it was going to be a coat of paint, new blinds, and the baby furniture. But, as our projects usually do, it's expanded a wee bit (not unlike my belly!) Now, we've decided to tear out the carpet. I think we're going to go with a cork floor. The rest of the flooring is laminate, but I feel like that's too cold for a baby's room, so we're looking at cork. It's a little more expensive, but it's warmer, does block some sound, and there's some give to it (good for mommy & daddy's knees while pacing around at night, and good for baby's knees too!) We're also going to replace the baseboards and casings. Before we got pregnant, the plan was to redo the mouldings in the whole house, but now that projects been postponed a little bit. It seems silly to do all this work on the room and then redo the mouldings a year from now, so we'll do them now. Luckily, we have a few months and a lot of help.

Our work Christmas party is next Friday, which seems waaay too early. I wasn't sure what to wear, but tonight I tried on a dress that I bought shortly after moving back from university. For the first time ever, I'm grateful for the "freshman fifteen" (or in my case closer to 30) becuse the dress still fits!! I really didn't want to spend money on something to wear for one night.

(One thing I've realized by blogging, is that I use (parenthesis) waaaay too much!!!)

No comments: